Sunday 8 April 2018

Solo ride to mum's on Saturday, rained off on Sunday

Nothing to report this week other than a late night on Friday leading to an abort text on Saturday. Andy went out alone, but I've yet to ask him where he went; he had a good ride, but that's all I know. As for me, well, I didn't want to waste the decent weather so I left the house around 0940hrs and rode to mum's where tea and cake were on the agenda. The ride there and back was good, I rode through Foxley Lane and along the off-road track leading to the Lavender field (no lavender yet).  From the lavender field I followed another off-road track into Carshalton Beeches, turning left at the Windsor Castle pub and then hanging a right into Alma Road, a left on to Shorts Road and then another left under the railway bridge to mum's.
Library shot of mum at home
The ride back was basically a repeat of the outward journey. I tackled the south face of West Hill and got back home some time after 1100hrs.

I awoke Sunday to rain and it didn't stop, it just went on and on all day, drizzling, so there was no riding, but I'd had yet another late night (an old mate's birthday party) and I aborted around midnight. In effect, I wasted an abort because the rain aborted the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment