Friday 10 August 2012

A big breakfast...much needed!

Now you see it...
They say the Americans 'supersize' everything, well, the Canadians do too. But first, I must take back what I said yesterday about the hotel reception area being a bit skanky. After a fairly good night's sleep, I saw the hotel in a different light and discovered I quite liked it. I was going to go out for breakfast, but decided instead to be sensible and use the breakfast vouchers provided.

...now you don't!
The end result was this amazing breakfast, which cost me just five dollars - that's what, £2.50? What did it consist of? Well, there were potatoes, like sauteéd potatoes, then there were two fried eggs, I chose ham, but could have had bacon or sausage and, as you can see, there was a huge pile of fresh fruit too. There was also what I think they call cinnamon toast – very tasty – and the whole lot was washed down with a cup of tea.

Now, the fruit was the only stumbling block for me. I've never been a fan of Hawaiian pizza because of the pineapple and it's that combination of sweet and savoury I don't like. Today, the fruit and the fried eggs? No. But other than that, it was fine and either way I ate the lot. It set me up for the day, which was good.

Weatherwise, it's not so good: driving rain. Amazing! I spend the whole summer in the UK in the rain and then I fly over here and it's more rain and cloud. I'm told it's now sweltering in England.


No comments:

Post a Comment